What is Tensense?
Tensense is a business performance early warning system, identifying threats and opportunities, allowing for more confident decision making. Our unique combination of Sensemaking and Organisation Experience (OX) data, collected regularly from your workforce, gives you real time, actionable alerts.
What is Sensemaking?
Sensemaking is a scientific term that describes how people notice what is happening around them, derive meaning, make decisions and take actions. By collecting this data (referred to as Organisational Experience or ‘OX data’), leaders are much better enabled to understand emerging threats and opportunities. This data is far more valuable than traditional management information, which is historic, because it’s presented in real time.
What is Organisation Experience (OX) data?
Organisation Experience is the collective, instinctive, view of your employees on how your organisation is performing.
How is the data collected?
We use a light touch questioning system which collects data from your people who know what is really happening in the organisation and where the issues lie. Data can be collected through enterprise collaboration tools such as MS Teams or Slack.
What does the data give me?
It gives you actionable alerts to growing threats and opportunities. Real time feedback means you can get ahead of the curve and take action quickly. Think of it as a canary in the coal mine.
What are some examples of how companies have used the data?
A few examples of actions taken by our customers as a result of the data we’ve provided:
- CEO closed a poor performing business area in Australia
- Made the decision to cool on a merger opportunity with a NY company
- Replaced a divisional leader
- Adapted acquisition strategy to maintain the company credibility
- Maintained a transformational programme to restructure Europe
- Focused on first order change (basic leadership and introducing values) before significant transformational change such as restructuring and reducing ranks
- Re-emphasis and alignment of leadership activities to improve customer satisfaction rates
- Enhanced communication and engagement with a country operation
- Celebrated the best in class set of Tensense results, with a determination to avoid complacency
- Adapted the annual employee engagement survey to tackle underlying performance issue
- Aligned senior leaders to focus on team performance and well-being
- Agreed a programme of work to establish a common purpose, specifically, What is the direction of travel which aligns with our common purpose, what environment do we want to help shape the behaviours needed to underpin that common purpose, how are we going to lead people in a way that is consistent with our ambitions and the needs of our people
Who is it for?
The insight that Tensense provide is for any organisation looking to minimise risk and disruption. But specifically, it is invaluable for companies experiencing:
- high growth
- change and transformation programs
- managing large sales teams
- hybrid working environments
How does Tensense differ from Employee Engagement Surveys?
This isn’t an employee engagement exercise. Organisation Experience data is insight from your people on what they know is happening, rather than their employment. This is real time data, a snapshot of how the business is performing. Everyday.
Why is the data collected monthly?
In today’s fast-paced business environment, adaptability is crucial. By frequently checking employee sentiment, you can stay abreast of changes, challenges, and emerging trends. This information enables you to adapt and respond effectively, making it more agile and responsive to evolving circumstances
Why does trend analysis matter?
Analysing trend data allows for better long-term planning and forecasting. By identifying trends and projecting their future trajectory, organisations can anticipate demand, allocate resources effectively, and make more accurate predictions about market conditions.
Can I try it?
Yes, we are so confident that we will make a real difference to the way you manage your decision making that we will give you a free pilot program. There is nothing to lose. Just get in touch.